Whether you love it or hate it, Twitter is definitely here to stay. With over 200 million active users (and up to 500 million total accounts), learning to navigate this face-paced social media tool has become a near-necessity for most businesses, non-profits, and bloggers. As with all social media, there are those who use it well and those who, well, don’t. Here are few tips we have found recently to help you use Twitter effectively.
- Make sure your password is strong. Mashable offers a great post to remind us how important it is NOT to share your Twitter username or password with any other sites.
- Understand how to use Twitter to build your brand. Focus, consistency, and resonance are the three keys emphasized in this article on Social Media Today.
- Know how to use Amazon Affiliate links on Twitter. If you’re an Amazon Affiliate, you need to read this post from Blogging with Amy with simple tips for incorporating affiliate links into both Twitter and Facebook updates.
- Consider how Vine can be a positive addition to your Twitter strategy. Social Media Examiner offers 16 ways businesses are using Vine.
- Be a bad crisis tweeter. Excellent guidelines for tweeting in a crisis from Heather at Social Media Today.
- Be a twit, twerp, twidiot, or otherwise annoying tweeter. Love this post with 9 types of tweeters you definitely don’t want to be!
What is your best Twitter tip?
Since we’re on the topic, have you connected with Design by Insight on Twitter? We share three or four articles on social media, blogging, self-publishing, and writing daily. Join us there too!